Saturday, March 31, 2012

Help??? Tyres rubbing!!! - The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum

Hi guys, Im after some words of advice from the knowledgeable folks on this helpful forum once again, so here's my problem:-
I've bought a set of 265/30/19 Rear Michelin Super Sports for OEM 19s for the M whilst running Intrax springs and 12mm spacers.
I have noticed that I have large amounts of rubber collecting above the arches and some rubbing is taken place as the top part of the super sport logo on the tyre is worn off.
Now I did recently have 2 people in the back of the car with some luggage in the boot, but I don't this caused the issue. However I did notice under heavy accelerating in 2nd gear the rear of the cars feels like it drops slightly and I can hear the rubbing sound on the arch. Theses tyres aren't cheap and concerned that im going to knacker them quite soon.
So my questions are:-
1. Is 265 tyre with 12mm spacers to wide for the car on intrax?
2. Do I need to somehow role the rear arches to prevent this from happening?
3. Has anyone else ever experienced this before with their M?
4. Or is their something I havent mentioned that could solve the problem?
As always opinions, help and advice greatly appreciated

__________________
Evolved, IAT Relocation Kit, BQ Intake Mod, Intrax, 12mm Spacers, Dynavin, Euro Style Exhaust Tips, LED Rear Plate Lights, Private Plate, Smoked Depos, Smoked Side Repeaters, LED Angel Eyes

0 comments:

Post a Comment