Sunday, March 4, 2012

2012 Mazda 3: Front Plate Installed

mazda3_frontplate.jpg

We already had a bracket mounted on the front of our long-term 2012 Mazda 3, but we didn't have screws for the front license plates, so today I bought a couple and finished the job.

Front license plates are a bit of hassle (mainly when you're driving without one... I've been pulled over and issued a citation before), but my main complaint here is that our Mazda was issued a set of the new-style California plates that have the URL for the Department of Motor Vehicles' website on them.

I don't like having advertising on license plates (beyond the state name itself, that is), even if it's for a government agency website that California residents already know how to find anyway. It's not as bad as the MyFlorida(.com) plates, but still it's an eyesore, albeit a very minor eyesore. I've always thought personalized plates were a waste of money, but I'd pay more not to have a URL on my tags.

Erin Riches, Senior Editor @ 5,598 miles

Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment