Thursday, January 5, 2012

Front Plate Filler legal problems in Colorado?


+ Reply to Thread

Results 1 to 5 of 5

  1. Active Member Two Rings millerns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 13 2010
    AZ Member #
    53346
    My Garage
    2007 Audi A6 3.2 Ibis White
    Location
    Boulder, CO

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey Everyone,

    I'm thinking of putting the front plate filler in my B8 A4 b/c of the more aggressive look it gives, but I know in Colorado it is the law to have your license plate displayed on the front and back. Has anyone had any issues with this in the past? Ever been stopped by the police and they say something about it? Any thoughts about the filler, etc. are appreciated.

    Thanks


  2. Active Member Two Rings boomdizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08 2008
    AZ Member #
    29674
    Location
    Denver, CO

    I'm pretty certain that in the State of Colorado not having a front license plate is considered a primary offense. Which basically means (if I understand the law correctly) they can stop you for that reason alone. Don't quote me on that. Someone else here might have more expertise on this issue.

    I know parking on the streets in downtown Denver without a front plate can land you a pricey ticket with the meter maids. I know several members here can comment on that. I have read/heard the quick fix to avoid the parking tickets that is to place your plate on your dash when your away. However, I wouldn't advise driving with the plate on your dash unless you're trying to decapitate yourself or front passenger in the event of a serious accident.

    I had no problems at all running no front plate in California for 5+ years. CSP pulled me over coming in from New Mexico for running no front plate about a year ago (Not speeding either). No problems with the CSP since then. In addition to CSP, I have heard Nebraska State Patrol is notoriously strict on the no front plate issue as well. Local Metro PD has given me no problems so far (knock on wood) and I know they see me all of the time.

    Last edited by boomdizzle; Today at 04:59 PM.

  3. Active Member Two Rings boomdizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08 2008
    AZ Member #
    29674
    Location
    Denver, CO

    Also, not sure where I seen this. Had to be here or on one of the local threads, but here is the petition that has been going around to repeal the front plate requirement in Colorado.

    http://www.petitiononline.com/coplate/petition.html


  4. Senior Member Four Rings Bsix3.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08 2009
    AZ Member #
    38444
    My Garage
    lots of bicycles..
    Location
    Aurora, Colo

    I heard that its only a secondary violation in colorado but i dunno. Also, they WILL give you a no front plate ticket in denver even if its on the dash board. I know from experience lol

    03 A4 3.0qt, K&N, debadged, passport 8500 hardwired, oetty front, ebay spoiler, cc mod, vht, 19" flik justices w/ spacers, rs4 rear sway, b7 sline rear valance, magnaflow 14851s ..

    -Lee


  5. Senior Member Four Rings AudiTFSI3o3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 20 2008
    AZ Member #
    34410
    My Garage
    07' A4 2.0T
    Location
    Denver

    I think I've gotten about 15 parking tickets downtown for not have a front license plate "attached or affixed" to the front bumper. I used to run the filler plate and leave my license plate on the dash, but still got tickets for not having them "properly displayed." Its a dumb law I'll tell you that. I even got pulled over at 11pm one night because I "had no front plate." With no front plate tickets at $75 a pop now, I just leave my front on.

    '11 IS350 AWD | Starfire Pearl | F-Sport | Joe-Z
    '07 A4 2.0T Quattro | Ibis | EVOMS | APR | 034 | AWE-Tuning | Podi | K Sport
    '04 IS300 | SOLD


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:12 PM.

    © 2001-2012 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.

0 comments:

Post a Comment