Friday, April 20, 2012

Rear Fender options - Wrist Twisters

Hello all,

Looking for input on rear plate and turn signal options. This topic has been addressed dozens of times, what's different is that a previous owner did some of their own work and I'm trying to figure out if that limits my options. I like the stainless fender mount that others have suggested and would also like to use Rizoma zero lights on the sides to replace the caulked in bulbs.

Question 1) Does the fender area leave enough room to attach the usual aftermarket license plate mounts

Question 2) What appears to be the ideal location to mount the lights considering to existing holes added by the previous owner

As it stands now, with a rider seated you can't see the license plate even from the 6 o'clock position, while that holds appeal for a lot of folks I'm not ok with that. The signals are next to invisible during the day, I use hand signals too, maybe I'm OCD but I feel the need for something a little more substantial.

Also looking to do a custom LED taillight swap but that seems fairly cut and dry. I've thought about the integrated turn signal option, it seems that has worked well for a lot of people.

Apologies if this is long winded, I'm kinda obsessed with this project at the moment. Thanks for any feedback for this noob.

Will

0 comments:

Post a Comment